Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Monday, January 19, 2015

Well wow..... lots happened this week, so I am really just going to skim over everything.. haha

To start, remember our investigator Fransico??? Well this week we have really been working hard with him. Thing is though, on Tuesday he was feeling really down. He was telling us how he didn't want to waist our time, that he is a man of the street and he can't change. It was a complete change of character for him... Really strange, but I am so glad we as missionaries were there for him, because we immediately started sharing scriptures and bearing testimony of faith and all that good stuff to try to respark his interest. After talking, he literally said, "wow, I've got some sort of demon in me I swear, I don't know why I feel this way, I know what you say is true. I will try harder to follow God." It was a real blessing that we showed up to his house that day, because he was on his lowest of lows, and we would have lost him, and he is one of our best investigators, so I am so glad we were there to help him, He hasn't missed a week at church ever since we met him, and he is progressing really well now after that setback.

Yeni and Nicolas we are still waiting on for their marriage. They are waiting for a Birth Certificate, so as of right now, we are on hold for that... I'll keep you posted. :)

Also, since we have been working on both sides, I have been working with Elder Alvarez's and Elder Mortensen's investigators as well. We've been teaching a kid called Brian de Jesus this whole week, preparing him for his baptism.. I dunno if I touched this kid in a special way in this short week, but he asked me to do the ordinance for him! So this Saturday, I was able to watch another child of God enter the waters of baptism and make a sacred covenant with their Heavenly Father. And what a neat experience it was to be with him. He is only 11, but I feel a strong feeling that he will stay strong in the gospel, with the help of his parents. His parents are less active, but they have been coming back to church to really show their faith to their son. So that has been great. So Saturday we had a baptism, and it was lovely to be able to lead my first baptism as the Ward Mission Leader. :)

Onto the hard part of the week... We found out this week that Elder Mortensen had to go home to go get his surgery that was long needed. So we were prepping for that... I got to stay in Sunday to be with him.. He was picked up late Sunday night and was taken to the office to sleep there. I believe his plane ride was today, and he should be on the plane now. But let me just say this. I will miss that guy. A lot. Already the house feels different.... I miss him. But I know this was the Lord's plan. And let me be honest, I just saw the best missionary, and the hardest worker I have ever seen leave the mission. And he himself has changed not only the lives of many here in the DR, but also my own life. I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father for the chance to get to know him, and I know we will stay long friends. :) But so that all you guys know at home, he was a fantastic missionary, that had to go home for a very good reason. To me, he is a missionary of full time, because he loved who he served. I will miss him. He has changed my opinion on all missionaries that go home early, because I know that it's God's will. God has big things planned for Elder Mortensen. :)

So that is my week... in a nutshell. I know this gospel is true. I love the doctrine, the members, the church, but I truly love Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ. They help me out in all that I do and I can only thank them by giving them my best. May God bless all of you. :)

Con mucho amor,
Elder Weiss :)

Mother's Note:  Parker said some more things in "echat" about Elder Mortensen, like how Elder M. gave him his old Van shoes so Parker can keep his legacy alive in the DR (and his mom didn't want him to bring them home. haha) And Parker gave him on of his favorite ties which Elder M. is wearing in some of the pictures below.  Parker said they will be getting transfers on Saturday and up till then they are out teaching as a threesome. He said he's not sure if he'll be transferred, it's up to the Lord. But Elder Alvarez (Elder Mortensen's comp) will get a new companion.  Also, Parker's companion Elder Millward will be done with his training this week.

Parker also said a very beautiful thing to me (mom) which I will share- to show you all what a sweet boy I have. :)
YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!!! Holy cow do I miss you! You have helped me so much in my life, and I see it more and more every day. We have a neighbor, who is great! Her name is Hermana Taveras, and she always talks about when you guys come here she wants to meet you and all this stuff. But I always see her helping her kids, and I just think, wow, I remember that mom did that for me all the time. How I miss that. I dunno, I just keep seeing more and more things that you constantly are doing for me. So remember, I am grateful for you! Keep up on your New Year's Resolutions! I know you can do it! I know working out sucks, I am in my program, but it is totally worth it!!! So keep on chugging! haha Love you big time mom!

You are the best. :)
Love, 
Parker :)

Eating some spaghetti at a member's house.

Brian's Baptism!


I don't know who the gril is with Parker and Elder Alvarez. I think
these pictures were sent to Kerry with explanations cause I didn't see them. :)





I made some cases on my
 neighbor's Book of mormon and Bible..

 I felt really proud, so here are some photos. I should make a business.. haha

Mom's note: I told Parker he inherited my scrapbooking gene...



Parker said this after my comment:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh mom, that was awesome! hahah


The baptism of Brian de Jesus. :)



Add caption

Elder Mortensen and I (and Elder Millward in the back hahaha) only a few moments before he left to go to the office.


Oh and to Mom, This picture of Elder Mortensen alone... don't know if you remember getting me that tie long ago... it's been my favorite tie and I have kept it sacred from many people that have wanted it... but I am happy to say that the tie has found the best owner it could have.... :) Elder Mortensen now has my favorite tie. :)

Elder Alvarez and I made burgers for our zone today during a zone activity! Just like Five Guys! :)