Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday, April 7, 2014

This week was, well.... nuts. Hahahaha but I will cut right to the chase! Tuesday - We were in Hato Nuevo. We worked with Suhenne and Nicauri, prepping them for their date for baptism. Nothing really new. We worked with a member who loves contacting, so we contacted for a while with him. He is a hard head dominican, but hey, gets you in the doors! Got a couple new investigators because of that! Oh and at night, we stopped by a members house who has a daughter that has read the entire Book of Mormon and wants to be baptised. Well we talked about it with her and gave her a date for the 3rd of May! Awesome!!! Wednesday - We were up in Palave. Nothing awesome really. Boring basic day. All of the new investigators from Palave fired us. Although we did have a guy call us out on the street. Started telling us all about Joseph Smith. It was obvious he had the lessons before, so we asked if he wanted to start again. He said he was a week away from being baptized when stuff came up and he couldn't do it, and then he found a new church that he is proudly a member of, so he declined the offer. Sad to hear, but that is okay. I know one day he will accept this glad gospel message. :) Thursday - We were down in Hato Nuevo. We worked a lot with members, trying to find old members who haven't been assisting. We were going to work real hard, and then it began raining and we were held in the house of a member for about 3 hours. Ruined the plans. Friday - We got to Palave and same thing happened. It began raining, then hailing, for about 3 hours. But after that we taught a girl that is about 11 that wants to hear about this church. She will be getting a date for baptism soon I know it. That is all we could do this day. We went down to Erick's house, and his brother paints for a profession. He is currently painting a tie for me of DR things. It's going to be awesome! I will send a picture when I get it next week! :) Saturday - CONFERENCE. Oh man what a blessing that we had to be able to see the conference in our church. Favorite talk was definitely Elder Jeffery R. Holland. Although we skipped a part of the first session because we had to be in the house because we got an INVERSOR!!!! That means light allllllllll thhhhheeeee tiiiiimmmmmeee. I know that may be normal to you guys, but that is a BIG DEAL here. Still don't have water in the house though. :( But we saw all the other sessions of conference, minus the last 30 minutes of the Priesthood session, because we had to be in the house. Bummer. But awesome day nonetheless! Sunday - MORE CONFERNCE. I don't know if you guys saw, but my acapella teacher was in this session singing. You could see her a lot. Kinda fun to point her out to the people here. They told me that is the reason I could sing really good, because I was taught by a person from MoTab. I don't disagree! hahah Plus, I was blessed with a voice like my moms. She sings like an angel. :) hahah Oh, by the way, this day was the day we got calls for transfers. Well we got the call at night, and its confirmed. I am leaving this area tomorrow. That's right, no more Hato Nuevo for me. I don't find out where I am going or with who until tonight, but I am packing to leave as soon as we get home. I know this is what the Lord wants for me. As nephi says "I will go where you want me to go." Or the beautiful hymn, " I will go where you want me to go dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea." I'm excited for the new experiences that are coming! Sad to leave Elder Hope and the area though, but I will be fine! :) Just got to follow the calling from the Lord. Monday - Just been saying goodbye to the ward. We went shopping, and now I am here!!! hahah Keep trusting in the Lord in all that you do. You never know what challenges you are going to face. We couldn't work with all the rain this week, but it blessed us by helping us find people to teach, and then now, I am leaving the area. Although I won't be able to baptize all the people we have planned, that is not important. All I want is for them to come closer to Christ. I can proudly say I did my best to leave this area better than I left it. I may not be the perfect gardener, because that is Christ, but I am doing my best to till the land so that the new gardeners can plant the seed and water the tree. I love this gospel, and I am so happy to be here. It's always hot and amazing here. Hopefully I can continue to do good work in my new area! With the Lord's help, everything is possible!!! Con mucho amor, Haz lo justo, Elder Weiss