Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Monday, February 16, 2015 A WEEK OF MIRACLES!!! and love...... ;)



A big Happy Valentines Day to all! I know I am late but it doesn't matter. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! 

This week has been a miracle..... It really has.... I believe the Lord is really with us in every step of our lives at this point. 

The first big miracle was a lesson we had with Fransico. We have known for a time he is struggling to keep a couple of commandments, and we had been focusing on how to help him to overcome temptation. He has been paying tithing and fast offering through faith that he has had, but he as only done it out of kindness of his heart. So as we talked about that with him, we invited him to pray to the Lord that because of his sacrifice he wouldn't have so many temptations, and that the temptations that he has he would be able to overcome. He had told us that some things had been of less temptation this week, so we already see that our Heavenly Father is watching over him, but then he did a prayer with us and it was the most sincere and beautiful prayer that has ever entered into my ears. But that prayer didn't stop there, it came in and hit me right in my heart, and I felt an overwhelming love for Fransico. A very powerful feeling I haven't felt before. I just wanted to tell him it would be alright, that the Lord is here to help and that I loved him. He finished his prayer and I just jumped up and gave him a really big hug. There was a definite power there, and I told him how much we love him and I told him that any time he has a temptation, of drinking beer or anything, to give us a call and we'll drop everything to be by his side. That's when he said "That's what I need. A friend as amazing as you." And I said "We are friends." The Lord prompted those feelings and due to what I did, he hasn't drank or had any problems this whole week. It was a touching moment for me and I can only thank my Father in Heaven for that beautiful experience.

Second big miracle was our Zone Meeting on Friday in the morning. Our President came to talk to our zone, and Elder Millward and I did a practice in front of him and our zone about how to invite someone to baptism. When we finished, we were appraised by our President. But the true blessings came from the success our zone has been having. All of our numbers have doubled since last month. The Lord is hastening His work!!!! The President invited us to go have a P Day at his house next week, and I am so excited! Dodge ball, basketball, football, barbecue, water fight... It'll be legit. Another thing that happened... in the Zone Meeting they told us that next month, Elder Jeffrey R Holland is coming to our mission to talk to us as missionaries. What a blessing that will be to be right in the presence of an apostle of Jesus Christ. I am sooooo excited for that. I was also personally asked to be a part of the choir that will be singing one of my favorite hymns, "How Great Thou Art", in the meeting, and they asked me to sing a solo in front of Jeffrey R Holland.... Yeah.... I am really nervous.......... REALLY NERVOUS. But what an experience that will be. Wow.

Third big miracle is what happened Sunday.... After having a hard Valentines Day of work, due to lots of drunks and crazy girls wanting to marry the white boys walking around, we saw a true blessing. Elder Millward and I had seven of our investigators come to church, and five less actives come as well, making a total of twelve people that we are teaching come to church. It was so amazing to see how most of the congregation was people that were just visiting, and people we are teaching. I began to cry... I won't lie, because it is such a blessing to see so many people showing their faith to God to come to church and know if it is true. Also, it was Ward Conference, and us, as missionaries, were part of the Ward Choir. They made me sing Soprano, yes like a woman, but it turned out quite beautiful, but what made it truly rewarding was to look out at the congregation and see so many faces of smiling investigators and less active members, looking at me and feeling the spirit. I know they felt the spirit. 

I know this church is true. There were so many miracles that happened this week, but those were the big three, but I know the small and simple things are the biggest miracles. I am so happy to be a part of this work. To be out here in such a crucial time of the world and to invite all to come unto Christ. I couldn't be doing anything better right now. I missed you all on Valentine's Day, but I hope you know that I truly do love you all each individually and I am so grateful for the support that you give me. I truly feel like there are helping hands pushing me along, and I believe its the prayers that come from you guys that are just inviting helping hands to keep me going. May God bless all of you in your needs. Be Faithful, Be Valiant, and Be Strong. The Lord's work is growing, become a part of it. It will change your life. I have a strong testimony that God loves each and every one of us, and is placing us on His path for us to follow. I hope we are all humble enough to accept the path that He is giving us, so that we may grow to our full potential. I love you all, I pray even more for you all, and I hope that you all have a great week!!!

Que Dios les bendiga!

Elder Weiss :)

I am still a little weird if you can't tell.


Oh and the guy with the warlock shirt (super funny) is Hermano De La Rosa, a less active member that has now come to church twice in a row after a year and a half of not attending!

Just a bunch of random pictures..enjoy