Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Monday, March 9, 2015 "Maybe the best week of my Mission."

M.O.M, D.A.D, Y.O.U. A.R.E. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! 

The subject line, although true in every aspect, has a deeper meaning to it. Although, lets not forget that my mom and dad and the rest of my family are super awesome. Haha... But its an abbreviation for something:

"Month On Month, Day After Day, Years Of Undeniable And Remarkable Energy, And Wonderful Experiences. Solely On Missions. Exceptional."

Okay, so it wasn't that cool... but you get the point. :)

This week may be the best week of my mission. I am not sure, but it was amazing. I am going to skip some regular stuff, such as a couple of appointments and other little things throughout the week. 

Wednesday morning Elder Millward and I got to go to a wedding!!!!!!!!! It was for Yeni and Nicolas!!!!!! Yes! They finally got married! It was remarkable! I took a video and got tons of photos! Those are soon to come. But it went beautifully! 

Friday night we were preparing Yoel, Yeni and Nicolas for their baptism the next day. Also, I've had some sort of thing in my throat since Barahona. Like a whole year. I didn't know what it was, so I went to a member's dentist office to see if she could help me. Well, let's just say I had a little surgery.... She went way into my throat to get this thing out. She said it was some sort of build up that is common and happens to everyone, just because I haven't been to a dentist in a while to get it out. She got it out in like 5 minutes and all is well. It was just annoying because I could feel it in my throat, but it never hurt. Well now it is gone! :)

Saturday was the most beautiful day ever. 6 o'clock hit quickly, and everyone showed up for the baptism. It was a white night, there were so many people dressed in white to baptize. We had a member that was going to baptize Yoel, Elder Millward was going to baptize Nicolas, I was going to baptize Yeni, and another member was going to baptize a little girl that was going to be a ward baptism. So we had tons of people in white! Funny thing though, I couldn't find my white pants, so I had to steal some from the church's lost and found, and man were they tight around the waist. I couldn't do them up! hahah So ya, anyways, after a long long wait, Yeni and Nicolas were finally baptized on Saturday! My first full family in the mission to be baptized! And, Yoel, who will be going on a mission in a couple of years was also baptized!!! What a true blessing. I have never felt so happy in my life. Doctrine And Covenants isn't kidding when it says how great show be your joy if you bring one soul unto me. Yeni and Nicolas have been so patient as well. They really understood the baptism, and it was very hard not to cry as I looked at them afterwards and said, "guys, its done. You made it." They will be strong members forever, as well as Yoel, and I can't help but look at them now and see them in the future, heading to the temple, to be sealed together for time and all eternity. A whole generation will follow them. :) I am happy happy happy. :)  Now, throughout the whole week, I have been telling people that it is my time to leave. Six months here, I started taking pictures with everyone and saying goodbye. Well, when we got back home, we waited for the transfer calls. We got them and the news is.... ME QUEDO. Or in English, I am staying!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I will be staying here to work another transfer with Elder Millward! The President wrote us saying we are doing such a good job, he couldn't separate us! haha So that is that! It's going to be a couple awkward days saying hello again to people that thought I was leaving, but I am more than happy to stay and continue working! Looks like the Lord has other plans for me! So I will be staying until about the 18th of April here. WOW! We'll be working hard, and I can't wait! So that is the news, I stay! :) I am still District Leader, and I am still loving it here! Only funny thing is I have a bunch of pictures of people... because I thought I was leaving, and now, I am not! Oh well, more pictures for me! :)

I know this church is true. It brings a happiness out of this world to be preaching the gospel and seeing children of God enter into the waters of Baptism. I love this work, and the people I am teaching I love even more. I know that this church is the true church of Christ here on the earth. We had a crazy man preach to us as we were on the street, telling us we are evil and making people fall away from God, and I still stand with even a stronger testimony that this Church is the true church. As I testified to him, I testify now that God loves all of His children, and for that reason, He sent Jesus Christ to suffer for us, like in John 3:16, and that because of that sufferage, Jesus is our Savior and the head of this beautiful and perfect church. Of this I testify in our Savior's name, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Love you all! :) You are all amazing! Just to let you know, I will be getting on next week on Wednesday due to the fact that we are going to the temple next Wednesday, so it switched our P-Day, but it will be great because that is Jonah's birthday!!!! :) Happy early birthday Jonah! I will tell you next week as well! :) Love you all!

Con amor,
Elder Weiss :)

Marriage of Nicholas and Yeni!!








Baptism of Yeni, Nicholas and Yoel










Mother's Note:  I had to ask how he lost his white pants. This was his reply:

No I know where my pants are mom! I sent them to go get re-tailored because they are too big around the waist for me now and the guy couldn't get them finished before the baptism. But it's okay, I am getting them tomorrow. I remembered where they are because he just called me to say that he finished them haha so I found them! I forgot I gave them to him. haha

I also asked Parker if he drew those doodles-(Pic. Below). Parker wrote:

I wish I drew those pictures! No, that is Elder Alvarez, that is his talent! But I am trying to learn and do stuff like that. But they are sweet! haha :)

I knew my Sister Alysha and her husband Ryan were going to send an email about their big announcement and told Parker to tell me when he "hears" any news so I know he knows...he wrote:

I hear that Alysha is pregnant!!!! WOW!

We're all excited for them!  We didn't get to chat much longer because he came online late due to power outages.


This Book of Mormon is in a language called Tagalog! I have no idea how it got in our church, but it was cool, so there is a couple pictures. (Filipino language). 

 The scripture is my favorite scripture, Mosiah 4:9. 


"A dog and I!"  (I told Parker it look's like Aunt Tracie's deceased dog Lenny and Parker said this dog's name is Lucie--pretty close.

"My throat surgery!!"
(I asked Parker about this because this was the 1st we had ever heard of any throat problems but he didn't answer me.)