Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - This is going to be long

So hey! First time I have been able to write was right now, so here is my weekly message finally! And it will be big.

So last week was great. Elder Porter was saying lots of goodbyes. It was really strange! We were all over the place. We went to like 3 or 4 different zones. It was nuts.

All of our investigators are doing really well. We were focused big time on Yesenia making sure she was ready for baptism. Also, we decided to focus more on how to help the ward and our bishop. So that we are the ones helping, and not the ones waiting to be helped. It was a big change, and I see a huge change in the work. For example, our bishop gave us a referral of a girl named Yamileth that lives underneath them, and she has been progressing a ton. And the bishop does a FHE with her every Monday, to help give that support of the ward. We believe she will be ready for baptism in about a month if she just keeps going forward the way that she is. She is strong, and you can tell she is looking for something new in her life. :) It makes me excited to see that the work is still progressing here.

Saturday was a huge day!!! First off, it was the baptism of Yesenia!!! It was soooo perfect! The most spiritual baptism I have ever been to, besides my own. It was great! A young girl played the violin as they showed pictures of their marriage afterward. But it was awesome. Yesenia was very moved, and so was Jhonathan. They both have told us they aren't going to leave the church ever. They will be strong. It was an amazing day. I also got my transfer calls, but I will tell you that soon. ;)

So next big day was Monday. We went all over our mission saying goodbye. We went to Haina, Los Alcarrizos, Central, and we went through our area like 6 times, all to say goodbyes. We were busy the whole day, for that reason we didn't get back until late. And as soon as we had time to write, we had to leave because a professional chef set up a FHE/feed Porter thing. So we ran to that, and it was super good!!! She made ribs, buffalo wings, funeral potatoes, and this awesome juice stuff. SOOOO GOOD! And Yesenia and Jhonathan were there and a couple of the members in the ward. It was a very touching moment, especially hear everyone thanking Porter for the awesome job he did in the ward. It was great. But it was really long.

Now, onto yesterday. So, I am staying here in San Geronimo, and I got a new companion named Elder Camacho, a Dominican. He is very humble and he is great. We have been together for a whole day now and he has been cool. Everyone else in my house stayed the same. I have new Sisters in my district now and they seem great! Hermana Echars and Hermana Migano if I didn't just butcher her name. Hermana Echars is from Utah and she seems really cool! Hermana Migano is from Mexico. I haven't really gotten to talk to her yet, but we have a district meeting tomorrow so I am excited to get to know them all. :)  But yesterday we had to do splits with the Assistants to help them with the transfer. So we drove around, back and forth, bringing luggage to the temple, the missionaries that are leaving to President's house, and to the temple, and running our tails off. I was at the church at 6 in the morning, and we didn't get back home until 8 at night. It was a long day of helping out, but it was fun if I am honest. I really enjoyed being in a car with air conditioning. It felt so good. haha :) As we were with the assistants, Porter remembered he forgot something, so we had to go looking for it, but we couldn't find it. So the assistants told me to keep looking for it and if we find it to call them so they could get it to him before he left at 11 in the morning the next day. So my new companion and I went on a quest looking for this thing early this morning. They are scripture cases, and we found them about seven in the morning. So they made us take the metro station all the way to the temple so we could hand deliver it to Porter ourselves. So that took all morning, getting to the temple. So I saw Porter the last time this morning, just a couple hours before he was to head home. It was bittersweet. He is a really great guy and I am going to miss him a lot, but I know we will be in touch real soon! So it was good too. :) He was a great companion. He should be on his flight right now heading home to see his family again. Crazy stuff!!!!!!!

So that wasn't as long as I had thought... well that is nice. :) I am uploading some videos on Mom's Google Drive that I am sure she can share. One is from the marriage of Yesenia and Jhonathan like two weeks ago, the other one (And mom will probably freak out at this one) is for this one time this last week when Elder Porter and I were visiting some people and we had to take a motorcycle to get out of this sketchy area, so I took a video. So ya... sorry mom. :) haha 

I love you all! Keep the faith!!!! Stay strong! :)

Elder Weiss :)

Mother's Note: Parker wasn't able to email anything on his P-day on Monday except to say he's okay and really busy because his companion was going home and Parker had to go all over so his comp could say good-bye to people and go to lots of dinners etc. He said he could talk to us on Tuesday, but with the transfers and new companion wasn't able to email us until Wednesday. But it was awesome to talk with him.

He said he is not the Zone Leader any more but is the District Leader and he is sort of training his new companion. I got the opinion he needs one on one attention but that's me thinking that. He is really excited making these last 3 months awesome!

"So we tried to take a straight face picture.... I ruined it....."

"Baptism pictures!!!!!!!!!!"

"The food that Clara (the professional chef) made for Porter's farewell!"