Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Monday, July 6, 2015 - The Week of Gold

Have you ever woke up with a smile on your face, just knowing that God is blessing you more than you are even able to comprehend? That happened to me this week. I woke up and was just overwhelmed with all the blessings I have been given. And this week just kept adding on to all those!!

I am going to jump right into the juicy part! I am sure you are all wondering about Jhonathan and Yesenia, and what happened. Well, its a fun story....

So on Tuesday we went with Yesenia early in the morning to go turn in all her papers and to pay for the marriage and set up a date to go back. So all went well there, and we set up the appointment for 9 in the morning on Thursday, and they said "be half an hour early." So, with that, we visit them Wednesday night and set up all the plans for the next day, who is going to pick us up, and all that good stuff. We found a sister from our ward who was willing to take us all down there, and we set it up so that she would get there at 8:15 at our house, then after she picked us up, we would go pick up Jhonathan and Yesenia at their house. So the next morning comes, and we are eager as ever. This is when I woke up knowing I was seeing blessings every day. But God also humbled me...... As all of you that know me really well know, patience is not my strong point.... well, 8:15 comes around the corner and the sister still hasn't shown up. I start to get nervous, so we call and she says "I am on my way. 5 minutes." By this time, I cooled down. One of the witnesses was with us, and the other witness (and by witness I mean like a witness of the wedding) was going in his own car. Both are members. So, 8:30 comes by, and still no sign of the sister. Now Jhonathan and Yesenia are calling, starting to be a little hysterical... they began freaking out and we just keep saying, "Have faith... she is coming." but inside I am saying "Alright Lord, teach me how to be patient." and I sat down.... Yes, deep down I was freaking out, but ya know, I wasn't able to do much in that situation... Well the clock hit nine, pretty quick, and we were still waiting, so naturally we are all a little upset. We kept calling the sister, but she wasn't picking up, so we just decided to go meet up with Jhonathan and Yesenia at their house. When we got there, all Jhonathan says, with a smile, is "She is mad." So we ran up to talk to Yesenia and she is saying stuff like, "forget it, I am not getting married." and other crazy stuff. We calmed her down. Then we got a call from the witness that was already there and he told us that he let them know we were running late, but we had to hurry. So a good samaratan saw we were all frustrated, and decided to take us in his SUV for free. So we got to the marriage office place late by like 30 minutes. But turns out, we had to wait in a huge line anyways of other people that were late as well, so in the end, we weren't really late. Just goes to show, God was teaching me about patience. I learned. Although I am not sure why they needed to be married half an hour later than when we set up, I am sure Heavenly Father had His reasons. So we took pictures, and then BOOM, they were married. And I am putting up a video of the marriage, so mom, you can show that to everyone on Google Drive. :)

After the marriage we met up with the Doctor and his wife down by the temple and they bought us and Elder Catmull and others pizza. Brick oven pizza too. Soooo good. :)

So now that they are married, our President decided he wanted to interview Yesenia personally for her baptism. Jhonathan didn't need an interview with our president because he is already a member, just less active. So Yesenia passed her baptismal interview and this Saturday she will be getting baptized. We are over excited, and it just keeps making my testimony grow that God is blessing His work. I see those blessings every day. I know He loves all His children.

So I hear that Boyd K. Packer passed away. Truly sad and he will be missed. A very wise and good man. A great disciple and apostle of the Lord. 

That is the big news. Today we were visiting my companion's old area. I met some cool people. But wow, it was quite the ride! hahaha :) 

I did take lots of pictures, so I will upload all of those soon.

I would like to ask all of you to read the living prophets and apostles talks from this last conference. They are inspired. I read at least three a day. They are perfect for our times, and their instructions are really just what God wants us to do. I hope you all make time and the sacrifice to always study and ponder the things of our Heavenly Father, and give thanks for His Son, Jesus Christ, who suffered for us, and gave us the way to go back to our celestial homes.

Les extraño mucho y les quiero!!!!

Elder Weiss :)

Mother's Note: I asked Parker what ever happened to the member who was supposed to pick all of them up? Did she show up or get lost...what?  Here's his reply:

She did show up.... it was funny.... she came to the wedding and when she saw us all standing around she said, "why are you all waiting around??? You are late" That didn't go to well with Yesenia.

Jhonathon and Yesenia got married!


"I could be professional..."

"here is a pic of the lady that showed up late!"



"You better believe we took a girly photo....."


"Ambercombie and Fitch model."


"Motorcycles of the DR"
"When you ask a member to
 take a sweet picture..."





"My awkward pictures of me waiting for the
 
4th of July fireworks that never showed up..."



"I guess I should have figured, considering I am not in America...."


                 "Showing off our American spirit with our ties!"



" (My tie is all the people who signed our constitution if you can't tell)"



"A giant Hershey's bar that I got from a member. :) "

"Bananas!!!"


"Some pictures of us in the bus today!"