Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! Sounds like all is well in the home, and it sounds like you had a crazy sweet birthday!

So let me talk about my week! As of New Years Day, we finally got water in our house! Hallelujah, and we still haven't lost it yet! Its a New Year miracle!!! Also, we got a new investigator, and are going to teach him tomorrow, along with two other non members, which will rock!!!! Best part though, you remember that girl named Estephany? She is 17. Well we went over to her house Saturday night, and we were having some hard times contacting her before. Well we went over there and she was home so we taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith. Her Aunt is a Mormon and she was there with us so that was good. I participated a lot in this lesson, which was awesome, but the best part is that after we gave the lesson, both me and my companion felt the same, that we needed to invite her to be baptized. We did not plan that before getting there. I asked the question, in Spanish, as my companion says "perfectly." After a looooonnnng silence just full of the spirit, she said she would. Absolutely made me soooo happy. I could just feel the peace and the love the Savior has for her. Sadly though, she moves today, back to La Vega, which is in the Santiago mission, so we won't finish teaching her or get to be at the baptism, and we don't even know if she will get baptized. We'll give her information to the mission home there and they'll get some missionaries to her, but all I know is we did all we could do, and I couldn't be happier. I don't know what will happen with her, but we will just have to wait and see I guess! We'll find out through her Aunt. Our other investigator we haven't been able to get a hold of recently, but she is ready for baptism, she just needs to be married first!

 Oh, and today, I played basketball from 7 in the morning until 11, and didn't get burned. :) So today was great, but overall my week has been awesome! Transfers come next week, but I am pretty sure I am staying in this area with my same companion to finish my training, so that is all good! 

Life is great down here! Especially with water now! Haha but other than that, not much has changed. It's starting to get hotter..... didn't think that was possible. But hey, its good stuff! Beats the snow! :) Glad everything is well. I'll be on for a bit of time today because the electricity is sooooo bad in our area right now. It's already gone out 4 times and this is my fifth time writing this email! hahah Sad thing is, I realized it automatically saves after this one that I am writing now, so all the other ones are in drafts, so oh well. If you are on, I would love to chat! I love you and I love the family, and I love this gospel!!!!!!!!! 

Con amor,
Elder Weiss :)