Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Monday, December 15, 2014

Wow.... It's so close..... Christmas is just around the corner!!! I am so excited!!! Our President is giving us such a great Christmas present, but I have already shared that I believe... but anyways... this week has been full of Christmas cheer! 

On Tuesday, we had our big Christmas conference, and it was a blast!!! We had a great time, we got to see a slide show of this year, full of great pictures! Then we of course did all the plays! Every zone did a play, and we did ours. I was chosen to be Alma Younger, to represent his conversion.. so I was a bad boy. It was a huge hit, everyone was laughing, but it was great! I will send some "in the moment pictures" from that. I was dressed in regular clothes for our play, along with the "4 children of Mosiah" to really seal the deal. It was way fun! Then we had lunch and I got to sit in between Elder and Hermana (Sister) Clawson, the office couple that does all our financing and stuff like that. They were to my right, and I got to sit next to a new Sister in our mission, Hermana Angeles. She is from Mexico. It was really awesome to get to know some new awesome people. I called our table the "where it's at" table, because we were just having a good time. We were where it's at. haha I was able to take some pictures with some old companions and housemates, so it was a good time all around!

Elder Millward and I had a great week. The lessons came slow and difficult, but we worked hard in contacting! We contacted all week! Literally. We were passing out the "He is the Gift cards" to all and it was a great success. We have met some amazing people that I will later on explain, but we were able to meet 178 new people this week, and I just feel happier than ever to be able to share this amazing gospel, or a little message of the gospel, with so many! 

On Friday Elder Millward and I got to go to the President's home to see an A'capella group and to have a Christmas Activity thing! Best part was we were able to bring Yeni and Nicolas and their kids with us, so that they could experience the spirit there as well, and it was a huge hit! Yeni and Nicolas are super excited for their baptism that will be coming up next week. They still have to get married, but it will be really cool to see. Haha. Anyways, that was great to go! I snapped a picture in the President's house next to a cool picture, and also one of their Christmas tree. Their house is so nice.... oh geez... but it was fun.

Now, onto a sad part of the week. This Saturday was the end of transfers. That means I am already half way done with the training program! And Elder Millward has learned a lot! It has been really cool. But, I do have some bad news. Elder Catmull will be leaving us tomorrow morning. The rest of us are staying, but Elder Catmull has been called to serve in Barahona, in Neyba. Close to where I was before. We are happy for him, but we are also sad, because we were excited to share the Christmas with him and all that, but you know, the Lord has bigger plans for him. The new Elder that is coming tomorrow is Elder Alvarez. I know him, he was training when I first came in the mission. He has about 20 months in the mission, but he is a real cool guy too! Just kinda sad to say goodbye to one of my favorite new friends. He was always a big help to me in the MTC, I just wish him the best of luck! He'll do good! But I am staying here for another six weeks, so up until about the 24th of January! So I am ready to work and getting this Mission Plan into action! Also, we are right now putting together a Christmas Devotional for the ward, so that will be fun! It's for the 18th, so I am sure I will have photos of that next week! But anyways, that was our big week! I love you all! Hope everyone is doing well! I love you all and I am praying for you all!

Feliz Navidad, y prospero año, cuando llega... :)

Elder Weiss :)

Mother's Note: We email chatted and talked a lot about Skypping at Christmas and such and Parker mentioned he has given up Coke (unless a member offers it to him). But that is a huge thing for him! But I wanted to include what he wrote just before we signed off...

But hey, we've got to go. We've got to go to some parties for Elder Catmull to say goodbye. Tonight is going to be hard for our house, not going to lie. Like you said, we've all grown so close, but at least we'll be able to see him every now and then! Well, hopefully anyways! Elder Catmull and I plan on hanging out after the mission! He lives in Idaho though, so he told me that I should come up and spend a weekend at his house. He lives in the mountains, so we'll go like ATVing and stuff. So I know this won't be the last time we hang out. 

These pics are from our play we did for our christmas conference Tuesday. It was fun and, haha, interesting. we did a funny act of Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah. I was Alma, and my house and one other Elder were the sons of Mosiah so we acted like we were rebels haha, stealing missionary's plaques making noise, etc,

... including harrasing our Mission President (with his permission of course haha) which is shown in the this photo. I did some dancng and Spanish rapping back and forth with the angel haha. It was a good time!









The dance off.. Notice the Batman socks... that killed the crowd... haha


At our Christmas conference. :)

Tennis!


Also, one of our new investigators that we have, his name is Miguelangel. He plays tennis, like the only person here that plays tennis. Elder Millward played before the mission, so we all went to a tennis court with him this morning and got to play some tennis with him. I still stink, but it was fun. :) 


If you notice, in this picture, although the form looks fantastic, in the top left corner.... there is the ball... haha so it proves I suck.... haha I totally missed! But it was still fun! haha








Christmas tree in the President's home and standing before a picture of warriors.
If you look at the tree pic. closely you can see my companion's reflection in the window


My one year mark celebration...I know, it's a little late. Let me explain. Here in the mission, when you hit your year mark, it is tradition to burn a shirt. Well, Elder Catmull and I didn't want to burn a shirt when we hit our year mark. But what happened was that after the Christmas Activity on Friday, we were coming home, and my pen exploded in my pocket. It was unwashable, so we burned my shirt, therefore complying with the tradition. Sad too, it was my best and most clean shirt.... But here are the pictures. :)






 Some awesome Elder's. My old companions...Elder Pena
                      Elder Quinonez and in other picture a cool Elder, Elder Van KatWyck